Saturday, August 06, 2011

Dear Stanley Yeo, Sir,

I will be visiting you tomorrow at the very beach where they
held a sea burial service for you.

I am sorry I got angry with cheong yen for his indecisiveness.
I just treated your death very seriously. I cannot take their
ai mai ai mai attitude. Sorry i got pissed.

I am sorry that tomorrow i will not be able to find the exact
place to pay my last respect to you as we could not find out
where. Justin and me tried. We will go to somewhere between
east coat park and tanjong rhu, and try to feel for you. And do
our prayer there.

Oh ya! I signed a contract with Schroder's today, 9 months,
paying $3.2k per month. My first job after university. You told
me i am not a lost act yet before. (as i did badly for jc.) - you
never gave up on me.

I remember I once called you up and told you i want to be a gold
medalist in olympic for taekwondo, and we met the next day for
coffee and you told me the sacrifices that needs to be make - put
school on hold and train full time - but i was persistent that i can
juggle both. i tried training very hard under you together with
studying. but i did not make it far. i gave up. you told me to coach.
i thought i was useless and this is like the last option. but looking
back now. Thank you sir, you saw that i had the potential to be a
gold medalist, but i did not have the courage to give up the stability
that comes with normal work and studies. When you give me the
coaching mandate, I now think you saw something in me. I always
felt that i have a thing or two with kids and education. I think that
is what you saw. Thank you.

I was angry with you once for pushing me down the gut that i suck
at my coaching methods, but you showed my my weakness. when
someone suddenly stops giving you comments, then he has given up
on you. A cliche. You have never given up on me.

That is why I will not give up on myself.

See you tomorrow.

Peng Yong, Ong

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home