Thursday, January 01, 2009

1/1/09 2:52am

I was holding on to the party poppers, sitting on the concrete floor,
leaning on the HDB's block's exterior.
Everyone was so excited, the anxiety of welcoming the year was so raw.
I could not stand up.
I closed my eyes.
Images of what i went through flowed back to me in that instance,
I felt bitter, Kek sim, sad, terrible, heart ache, helplessness(Wu Nai),
also felt relieved, happy, excited, loved, cared, responsibilities, proud.

I shared with my brother Mas how i felt about confessing to a girl i like.
And how that altered part of my life.
He said it's good. Regret is not at the door(At least).

I nodded, picked up my party poppers,
& pulled the string.
The string's out. No pops.
Picked up another, pulled it. No pops.
Again i tried.. no pops.

Asked bro for one more, pulled,
PoP!

That's my life.

It's never straight forward.

JIAYOU PPL FOR 2009!

This year will be better.

Cheers,
Peng Yong

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home