Saturday, August 06, 2011


After my black belt grading

Winds were very strong today, all along the road.
Justin and me, on bicycles, cycled to tanjong rhu.

Paid our respect to Sir Stanley and spent 10 quiet
minutes feeling the wind, Feeling for you.

I can only remember saying thank you,
and more thank yous.

Sir, sometimes i wonder, is this your challenge to us?

Do you remember at my black belt grading, my name
was annouced over the loud speaker, and i needed to
go down to demonstrate my abilities, to be graded.

and i said "sir, i think i am not ready"

and you said "i dun care if u are ready or not, but you are
going."

i went, and i was shivering, nervous. i did what i could,
and when i am done.

you said "u passed"

i felt estatic. and that is one lesson that i will never forget.
to conquer my own fears, nomatter how much your fears
want to eat me up.

So this time , with your death, and all the politiking - senior
instructors wanting to take over all your classes and input
their so called teaching philosophy into ur students. and from
what i heard, the instructors are irresponsible - one of them and
another having toooooo many classes.

that ain't gonna happen.
eventhough u are not teaching anymore, you are somewhere better.
but your teachings are in our blood.

we are your legacy. we'll fight to push forward your philosophy of
taekwondo.

one step at a time, we are. trust us. give us strength. shout at us as u always do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home