Friday, July 08, 2011

today is crazy

i did this
the 3 metre jump.
i think to me it was a very intimidating challenge.
firstly, i did not know how to swim well.. and i just wanted
to sit out of the jump.. but johnaton my det mate just kept
talking me into this. and then everyone is cheering me on.
i went up, half crying and half trying to compose myself.

at the lift off point, i was thinking to myself. go through the
procedures, 1) compose myself 2)hands wrap in a w shape
3)stare foward 4)body straight and 5)kick out of the board
and fall into the water 6)hit water,blow bubble and keep
swimming up 7)dong yang the life guards and all my mates
will be around to pull me up if i am to sink.

i went forward, lt jayme took me in and let me have time to
compose myself, and i was rubbing my eyes. i was shivering
with fear.

lept off.

splash into the water, open my eyes abit, saw blue and blur.

and kept looking up, kicking up, breast stroke style.

saw dong yang, grabbed onto his life jacket and heard
cheers and claps all around.. shouts of "peng yong peng yong"
just drowned my emotions. i just felt so embarrased and yet
so relieved. still shivering.

CO(commanding officer) made us do another tower jump, but
this time jump in AND swim back to the other end of the pool.

this time i wasn't that scared. i just went, and jumped. hit water,
up and swam to the side, got my goggles from chris and started my
slow swim back to the othe side of the pool.

this time i did not stop.

it was my defining moment.

and i really need to thank parrot and the guys all around me.

for pushing me to overcome my fear. i just felt so confident after that.

thank god that you have surrounded me with so many, so so many
talented and encouraging ppl, with utmost humility and passion.

i feel so blessed.

and i just wanna keep swimming from this point on.

jiayun u bought me the goggles cos i said i wanted to do triatholon by
2012.

i'm on my way.

with a small step today, a biathlon and tower jump.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home