Saturday, September 13, 2008

SIM Open house!

Today was Sim Open house!
Kinda love open house, these are my following reasons:

-Well.. u get to see alot more new faces(including alot more Mei Mei..)
-The things are free!! I mean i usually stock up on my pens and note pads
during these open houses. I mean if u dun take it, u're kinda stupid eh?
(i know.. i am being giam siap.. in this age, its all about safe cost eh..Haha..)
-I get to ask alot alot of questions that i have doubts about, on my course,
on other courses i am interested in. (A public apology to Javin and Wayne,
they waited for me while i was talking to the receptionist about the degree
courses offered by SIM University on 1)Social work, 2)Counselling. Hey!!
i'm seriously interested in them! =D)
-There are street performances by the SIM singing club, which i thought
was brilliant. Helped to steer the mood up! =D



And here's a photo of my class mates and my course coordinator!! From left~Xinlong(the smartest in class), Gina(our smiley+helpful+encouraging course coordinator), ZhongRen(the most affable guy around),Wayne(e most 和蔼可亲 classmate and the reputable indian man in our class =P), and me! =D

>just found out through today's open house that from next year onwards, which
we will all be changed from full time to part time students, supposingly for us to
go out and work, to get some working experience bla bla bla.. yeap!
Today we got it cleared. The working period of 2.5yrs from next year onwards
will not beclocked into the mentorship criteria(of 3 yrs) stipulated by CPA(Certified
Public Accountant)Australia. From the CPA Australia's staff that entertained our
questions just now. She mentioned that we are currently "CPA Passport holders",
only when we graduate from my current course BBACC Rmit university, will we be
accepted as "Assosiates CPA Australia" from then, we will have to go through
1) 3 years mentorship programme, 2) CPA Australia programme. After tt,
estimated @ 3 years after graduation from this degree can we be awared the
title of CPA. haha.. That means.. i'll be 25 when i get my degree, and 28 when i get
my CPA Australia. haha..I'm not worried about the age.
All these implication implies that i'll have to work next sem(next year) onwards,
and yeap.. like wat Xinlong advised me, to plan my life properly, and know how to get
there. =) Today really cleared some doubts.
In terms of the clocking of CPA Australia Mentorship hours. And the internship dates
doesn't work in favour of us.. Hmmm..

I just needed a break after a long day of work and yeap.
went to play bball just now. So shuang. =P

Most likely i'll be out to earn alot as much cash as i can next year,
partly to pay my own school fees and partly to save up.
Still thinking whether to work part time or full time and what job to work.
Was thinking of working in the bank, but oh well.. lets see what happens.
=D

Cheers!

Peng Yong
"Light the dark, Warm thy heart."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home