Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Thank you!! ppl From Cartel!

Great!

Yesterday, 7/9/08(Sunday) was to be my last day of work at
cafe cartel. The people there are the nicest bunch of people i
can come across. They took care of me. Taught me so much.
And i left without doing anything special for them. I wanted to
write to them, but after a second thought, i belief the best way
to leave will be to leave silently.
Didn't want to have a 'drag-ass' quitting scence, where the
nice people will try to get me to stay and all(if there was even
going to be this scence.) I wanna avoid all that. I guess i was
pretty clear of my position to leave. I needed to start revision
early in my studies. I have learned enough from this job about
the cafe and F&B industry. My schedule after exams doesn't
give me leverage to go for work at cafe cartel.
What's left now is to work hard for my Sem2 Exams and then
try to fulfill all that i had planned to accomplish this year.
Its been a roller coaster year so far this year.
I guessed i passed it pretty well. But i wanna end it with a
flourish.

Jia you!

Oh ya!! haha.. i didn't forget that Zhing. Will treat ya soon yea!
just tell me when u rreally want that treat =)
I'll try to make myself free.

For people from cafe cartel:
Joey-> You thought me a hell lot, i was always so over confident and
stuff, u just brought me down to earth, thank you so much!
Joeis-> You're one pretty lady! haha.. i can't bring myself to look at you,
cause i tend to like someone so easily. haha.. maybe thats why i always look
away. all the best in your future as a dentist!
Steward-> He's the guy that got me employed! I owe u everything for this job,thanks!
Kun Shuan-> My 2nd Shi Fu! Haha. he was the one that really taught me everything.
again, thanks man!
Yan Shun-> The big size yet friendly guy! My Shi Fu no.1, taught me how to do closing
for the cafe. You're great, thank you!
James-> The best man (Main chef)i know around the kitchen, the best in his own rights!Thanks!
SORRY i am always so blur inside cause i tend to be in auto-pilot mode whenever i am
serving. haha..
Ron-> He's a nice guy =) Congratulation of getting the hand of Sharon, treat her well! =D
Simon->A good guy! haha.. he's one of the most hardworking guys in the whole kitchen,
The newest cook, but u can see his hardwork in those 2 shiny eyes of his!
Adeline->My grss junior, she's the Supervisor in arm around. haha.. always there to make sure
everything is in well order. haha.. thank you for the patience =)
Cindy-> She's a nice lady, also a senior staff. Jia you for ur standard chartered marathon!I'm sure to be running and completing, see ya there!
Brother-> He's the guy that cleans up all the dishes and keeps the whole place clean. He's the guy that i turn to whenever we need support, mentally, he's a funny guy and i will miss him alot!
Sharon-> Thank you for the countless hours that u taught me guitar in the mid night after our work and also times that i just sat down beside you and just.. chat. ya know.. those were interesting moments, cuz i thought i had fallen for u tt time. haha.. but i know i can't like any person now. And it was all cleared when i saw u with ron. for that moment, i was happy. =) Thank you for the wonderful memories =D
Lee Wei-> Assistant manager for cartel! she is one lady that always put work above the personal relationships in the restaurant and still not letting relationships be affected. She's the kinda gentle boss ya know. haha.. and i really dun know how to call her and tell her i am quiting. Just hope she knows soon. =) Thank you.
Juliana(MeiMEi)-> She's a middle-aged lady that's like me, working as a waiter. Always the target of criticism for her personality is such. She is always so lazy to others, bossy to others, and so ai lao mai lao.. haha.. but i just felt that she is genuine in her heart all the time. Just a feeling, and i wish her the best of luck in the future.
Jing Yan-> She's from China! Middle-aged.She's also super hardworking, other than some bad habits.. haha.. Huo Dao Lao Xue Dao Lao, she potrays everything there is! haha.. she learns the dishes, the english name of all the dishes and tries to communicate with the customers in english too. sometime she can't do it, so i'll have to step in, but u just can't help kao tao-ing to her sincerity and hardwork. Jia you! And hope u can see ur family soon! =D
Cindy-> Another chef, really funny lady, she is from China too i guess. haha.. i dunno but she is a nice lady too =D
SooYing-> she's the one that bail me out of one of the biggest debacle in the time i'm there. There was a time i just totally screwed up as a server, served two wrong tables, and i was in a shock. Arrows were shooting here and there, james was asking me where i send the dishes to, simon was saying his side of the story, i was at a lost. Then sooying told the kitchen to make two one more dish, saying that its a late order. I hit onto such shitty situations many times in my time there, but i am fortunate to have ppl around me that were experience and always got me out of it. Thanks~!

Here's the end of the rolling list of names i wanna thank.
I bet i have missed out someone, but i do wanna thank everyone for their effort and
care they have showered upon me during these 2 month.
Though i dun think anyone on the list will actually read this list, but i just wanted to type it out anyway. I didn't know any other way to do it.
Here's a heartfelt thank you to all of you. =)

All is great, next up will be my studies, I'm ready.
Bring it on!

Cheers,

Peng Yong
"never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. indeed it is the only thing that ever has." margaret mead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home