Monday, September 15, 2008

Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams

Hey!

yesterday night was pretty much a defining night in a way?
because there was this video that i watched on youtube that
"broke the inner defence" i had in my heart.

This was part of the sypnosis of the video clip.

~Carnegie Mellon Professor Randy Pausch (Oct. 23, 1960 - July 25, 2008) gave his last lecture at the university Sept. 18, 2007, before a packed McConomy Auditorium. In his moving presentation, "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams," Pausch talked about his lessons learned and gave advice to students on how to achieve their own career and personal goals.~

Video hits amounted to.. 6Million plus. An overnight media sensation some touted.
But i believe it has a far more impending truth(About his lecture) behind this one-night celebrity. He's potrayed as cool, funny, engaging and moving in his last lecture.

Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams


My 感想 : It was educational(it was suppose to be..) and it was striking just right after i
switched off the Laptop of mine. I don't believe many 22 years old seriously sit down
and think about the prospect of dying. So yea, there i was, sitting on the couch and
along the silent night, my inner heart was just fighting the idea of me dying young.
"i mean.. that won't happen, its impossible.. " " average mortality age for a man in
singapore currently stands at 83 yrs old. " " I still have alot of things i wanna do,
i can't just. die.." So.. there i was, my self defense reacted.
Then came the logical side of me that kicks in.. What if... I die young? what is the implications?
what am i suppose to do with my family and my assests? have i done enough in this world
to leave it now? if not how? so death is as unpredicatable as how the examiners presumes
how good a student i am(i made this up), then what did i learn from this?
TAKE CHARGE OF MY LIFE. That was the only ans to all these qns that kept appearing.

So yeap.. thats basically what i learnt. Take charge of my life while i still can.
Love the people that i know i need to and will. Do whatever things that i wanna do and
do them to the best of my ability. No regrets is the unanimous result of this.
Just treasure life.

haha.. yea! Yesterday was a great lecture. I learnt alot. Thanks Randy.

Cheers!

Peng Yong
"Light the dark, Warm thy heart."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home